It is really fun to share mail with the people we know and love in our lives but what about giving the gift of happy mail to someone outside of our circle or someone in need? I have collated this list of organizations that you can go through to do just this! Challenge yourself to pick one organization and drop a letter/card in the mail this week.
- More Love Letters: This is a very cool organization that is dedicated to providing love letters to people who need a little pick me up. They post letter requests on their website and include the name of the person and a bit about their story. It allows you to tailor your note to this specific person and their situation. I have participated in their letter writing campaigns and always love the experience!
- Cards for Hospitalized Kids: This organization desires to spread hope, joy, and magic to hospitalized kids across America. For this one, you would write a general note that would be uplifting to the recipient. You send your card(s) to the organization and they distribute them to kids in need.
- Stamp Out Hate: Stamp Out Hate is devoted to spreading hope through mail. Each month, they feature a new call to action encouraging you to send positive letters out into the world. They give you a specific idea of a letter to write (e.g. thanking an organization for the work they do).
- Love for the Elderly: “So many elderly people have no one to care for them, no one to look after them, no one to love them. Help us in providing the elderly with the love and appreciation they deserve.” Write an encouraging letter and send it to the organization and they will distribute the letters.
- Cards of Hope, Phil’s Friends: Send cards to cancer patients across the country to bring consistent hope and support them along their journey. They have printable templates on their website that you can print and home and use to write your note.
- Operation Gratitude: This organization puts together care packages for troops, new recruits, veterans, or first responders to thank them for their service to our country. In each care package they include a bundle of letters. Write your letter and send it to them and they will include it in one of their care packages!
- A Million Thanks: This organization also supports active, reserve, and veteran military by sending millions of letters of thanks and encouragement. Send a kind and uplifting letter to the organization and they will send it off for you.
- Girls Love Mail: This organization gives the gift of hand-written letters to women newly diagnosed with breast cancer. They collect the letters, bundle them, and send them to cancer centers to distribute to newly diagnosed breast cancer patients.
- Letters of Hope: Write letters to refugees to share messages of hope. Submit your letter online.
- Any Refugee: This organization seeks to help refugee children feel loved and comforted. You can write a postcard with a message of hope and comfort and the Any Refugee organization will distribute your postcard to a refugee child overseas.
- Cards 4 Orphans: This organization sends letters of encouragement to orphan children around the world to put smiles on their faces.
- Make way Partners: This organization allows you to write letters to the orphans in Sudan and South Sudan. “In a land with no mail service children wait all year to hear that they are special, loved, and prayed for by name! Make a difference in a child’s life today by sending a letter of love and encouragement.”
- Send Kids the World: This organization features kids with life threatening illnesses and injuries and enables you to reach out to them and send them encouraging postcards from around the world.
I know I am just scratching the surface with this list. Do you know about other organizations that allow you to submit encouraging cards to people in need? Share in the comments below!